Monroe County has many rewarding career opportunities for dedicated early childhood educators. Check this page often for available opportunities!
Callout for Childcare: We’re seeking healthy childcare workers, educators, teachers, or college students with experience and background in childcare. The names of interested individuals will be provided to local childcare providers or to employers assisting their staff to find care for their children. Sign up now!
Are you provider needing help filling a position? Submit a job opening.
Monroe Smart Start Project Coordinator (Apply by 8/20/21)
Organization: Monroe Smart Start, a leadership initiative of the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County
Position Type: Full-time salaried position with benefits
Our impact is growing, and so is our need for additional staff! Join Monroe Smart Start and help to ensure all children aged birth to five are prepared for success in school and in life. The Monroe Smart Start Project Coordinator will work with the Monroe Smart Director and other CFBMC staff to advance early learning in our region and to achieve key organizational objectives. The Project Coordinator will be involved in the following activities:
- Support Monroe Smart Start Director with grant management, data collection, reporting, and the early childhood substitute pool
- Organize shared documents, budget expenses, receipt filing, and grant reports
- Assist with meeting preparation, professional development for early childhood educators, ordering grant materials/supplies, and event coordination
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, compile meeting notes, send calendar invites/meeting reminders, and communicate effectively with partners
- Help expand knowledge of early childhood education with key stakeholder groups to increase access to affordable, high-quality early learning opportunities in the Indiana Uplands region
- Share messaging via social media platforms, update website content, create collateral as needed (flyers, posters, infographics, etc.)
- Oversee Let’s Read Program (materials, book orders, bulletin board displays, TV monitor messages, etc.), coordinate On My Way Pre-K family recruitment, Little Free Library (maintenance and restocking), Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library (family recruitment, messaging to families and early childhood programs)
- Highly motivated, creative, energetic
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, impeccable attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible, empathetic, strong advocacy skills, willingness to learn
How to Apply: Apply by August 20, 2021.
Submit resume and cover letter to Jennifer Myers, Director, Monroe Smart Start at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: August 6, 2022