Help Monroe County Children Thrive by Five
You can help make high-quality early childhood education a reality for more children in Monroe County. Funding will be used to sustain and support Monroe Smart Start‘s early learning initiatives.
Make a gift to give our children the tools they need to succeed in school and in life!
With a generous $100,000 gift, Elliot Lewis and his family established the Lewis Fund for Early Childhood Education. Gifts to this fund will be invested by the Community Foundation, so they grow over time. Each year, a percentage will be distributed to support Monroe Smart Start initiatives. Your gift to the Lewis Fund endowment will support the needs of young learners today, tomorrow, and forever.
Early Learning Endowment Funds
Our investment in young children would not be possible without the generosity of those in our community. Monroe Smart Start’s early childhood initiatives are made possible each year thanks to generous donors who have established funds to benefit children and learning:
- Annie Allen Fund for Thriving Parents, Babies and Toddlers – Founded by Georg’ann Cattelona
- Carolee A. Mehlinger Fund for Children and Youth – Founded by Howard Mehlinger
- Early Childhood Education Fund – Founded by MaryFrances McCourt
- Geraldine Newton Jones Fund – Founded by Frank N. Young, III, and Sarah Jones
- Lewis Fund for Early Childhood Education – Founded by Elliot Lewis and Family
- Linda Simon and David Sabbagh Fund for Early Childhood Education – Founded by Linda Simon and David Sabbagh
- Monroe County Children Matter Fund – Founded by the Lilly Endowment
- Our Children, Our Future Fund
- Ray & Marcie Tichenor Fund for Education and Health – Founded by Ray and Marcie Tichenor
- Simpson-McCarty Family Fund – Founded by Vi Simpson and Bill McCarty
- Stuart & Anna L. Holmquest Innovative Programs for Children Fund – Founded by P. Stuart and Anna L. Holmquest
- William Joseph Sturgis, Patricia Sturgis, Frank and Ruby Smith Memorial Fund – Founded by Melva Sturgis
To make a gift to one of these funds, go to the Community Foundation’s Donate Now website page. Under Gift Information, “Select Fund Name” from the drop-down menu. If you would like to establish a fund for early learning, contact Meagan Niese at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 333-9016.